Thursday, February 20, 2014

Eye Makeup Tutorial

This week I decided to be a bit cheesey. About a month ago, Rachel asked me how I did my eye shadow and how I got it to stay on. I decided to do a little tutorial on how I apply my make up, so here goes.
1st thing is first, I apply my eyeliner and mascara. I use liquid eyeliner because it stays on my eyes longer and I switch off mascara all the time. 

 Next I take a little q-tip and clean all around my eye. On the top of my eyelid I drag the q-tip away from the tear duct and on the bottom I drag up so it is right under  my eye.  The q-tip is slightly damp. (I don't use water proof so I just put a little water on it.)
I then pull out my Neutragena Healthy Skin
Cover-Up. ( I feel like i'm advertising.) 
   I put the cover up all over my face. Usually between the eyebrows, below the eyes, on the eyelids and around my lips. I also like to cover up any of my little friends that have decided to join me for the day aka ZITS!!
I then take my finger and dab it all in. I generally don't like to
 rub because then it comes right off. 

Here are some of my nice assortment of colors. Today I used the light blue one,
and the dark purple one.


 So the picture to the left is my eye with the light blue applied. It has a nice light color, I switch off between the light blue, white, or cream. Generally, I put it on with my finger, I'm no professional or anything.
 Then I take Brush A and put the darker color on the tip of it. I apply it to the bone that arches across the eye. I put it about half way in and just dab the color all across to the out side.  The bone arches downward and I usually just follow it.

 I then take the smaller brush, brush B and dab it in the black or a color that is just a little bit darker than  the 2nd color I apply. Sometimes I even will use a Navy Blue so that it will help my blue eyes pop out.
 This picture shows what I do with the black color. The eye on our left is the one that is done. You can see that it has a little bit of a C shape at the bottom. I just make it darken up a little and put it a little bit of the dark color on the bottom half of the shadow.

After I put the black on the top of my eye I follow the eye liner in the corner of my eye in just a little bit. It has a little almost triangle look to it in the far corner. I know it looks really dark but that is okay, that is how you want it!!


 I then put a base all over my face to even it out the skin tone.  I just use this one, but powder or anything will work. Below is a scary ghost picture of my face haha enjoy it, because it was really awkward to take hahah. I know my eyes look crazy and my face is pale but that is where you get to the next part!
I


 I use this blend of tan colors and suck into my fishy face! And I follow the check bone down about half way on both sides. Then I put more on the T (that is on the forehead and down the nose.) I also help blend my eye shadow by usuing the same brush and just lightly touching the eye shadow. Warning: Pull out ward so you don't put the dark eye shadow close to the tear duct.
Then I put some lip balm on my crusty crusts. Thanks to Glozelle haha (Youtube her, she is hilarious!!)


Well that is how I do my make up everyday. I hope you enjoyed!! If you have any questions just let me know.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Choo Choo! You are remarkable for putting this together for me. This gives me a whole list of supplies to buy, so I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried doing my makeup similar to this post, and I felt a bit like a diva! I am not usually so bold. Thanks for helping me step out of my comfort zone! Love all the pics!!

    ReplyDelete