Thursday, February 27, 2014

March 14

TJ and I are an odd couple in one very key way: one of us really loves math and one of us really loves dessert.  I bet you can all guess, first try, who's who.  

ENTER MARCH 14

Also know as 3/14

Or, with a stretch, 3.14 - PI DAY!

∏ (Dear Sasso, please can you insert a pi symbol here?  I can't figure it out).

Behold, a day where we both can have our pi and eat it too.  

This year to celebrate we've invited about ten couples over (Pi Day is conveniently on a Friday this year) and have asked them all to bring whatever kind of pie they'd like!  We'll eat dessert and chat and enjoy good company.  Maybe one of you would like to plan a pi party too!

Anybody have good recipes for pies they'd like to share?  I've only made one, and it was an epic failure, so I'm all ears.

5 comments:

  1. I have never made a real pie Rach. The cheating pie I do is in the graham cracker pie crust with some sort of pudding mix. I have a pumpkin cheesecake recipe that my kids love if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love the pumpkin cheesecake recipe!

      I will let you know if my second attempt at pie yields better results. Crossing my fingers -

      Delete
  2. I love a hot raspberry pie or a cooked vanilla or chocolate pudding one! They're simple but you can dress them up with whipped cream and slivered or curled chocolate on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Froo, this one time I accidently made a pie but it actually turned out way good... it was actually supposed to be a joke but then it tasted real nice. Okay, first, you put a graham cracker crust on the bottom. then, you bake peanut butter cookies slightly (you want them still a bit doughy. Let them cool then press them onto the graham cracker crust. Next, poke holes in that layer. Drizzle a bounteous amount of maple syrup over the top then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Then, make rice krispies and layer them on top of that. Finally, I drizzled mine with melted milk chocolate chips to make it look pretty.

    :)

    I don't even know what you could call that. But, the best part is? It tastes DIVINE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few really good recipes. I will text pics to you of them...

    ReplyDelete