Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Money Saving at the Market

I have found the most amazing thing! For a long time I have followed a blog/website called "Coupons 4 Utah."  (www.coupons4utah.com)  I have done a couple of things with it off and on when there's something that catches my eye.  For example, I know some of you went down to the Shade Shirt sale last year, but I haven't really done very much with it other than when something catches my eye.


Over the past couple of weeks though, that has changed quite a bit!


I decided to try to use the site for actual grocery coupons and mixed the coupons with the Smith's Mega Sale Event that was going on.  It was so awesome!  I've never done anything like that before and it was pretty cool to see my total at the checkout go from $179 down to $84.  I got All Laundry Detergent for $1.50, 10 oz. Skintimate and Edge Gels for $1.00, LA Looks Gel (Stacey uses it) for $.25 etc.  I've never really used coupons or ad matches before and although I find that it takes me more time to both put together a shopping list and shop, the savings I get are pretty much worth it.


Since I don't get the Sunday newspaper, I'm restricted to printable coupons.  Usually you have to install the coupon printer on each site but then they'll print just fine.  I've found that some of the policies are that you can print 2 coupons per device (no photocopies), you need to cut your coupons out before you get to the store, watch expiration dates, and let them know up front that you have coupons and/or ad matches.


A couple other sites I've used are:
The Krazy Koupon Lady (for Julie)
Coupons 4 Utah
Freebies 2 Deals
Utah Deal Diva
Saving Cent By Cent


The nice thing about these sites are that they do a lot of the work for you!  For those in Utah County, Tuesdays are double coupon days at all WalMarts and I believe that Julie will have the same thing in some of her stores.


Hopefully this may help some of you especially if you want to put in any kind of food storage etc.  So far I've found that the most effective way to use the coupons is to combine them with sales.  Also, as a side note, WalMart will pretty much match any other store's sale as long as you have the information of where and what price the item is on sale for.  I've only been using this for a couple of weeks and only for things that we already use, but thought I'd share!  It's so easy, all it takes is a little time and prep work!


Good luck Sisters!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!! I am always looking for ways to save so these websites will be so useful! Thanks, Nogin!

    ReplyDelete