Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cleaning Items

With all my house cleaning, I've found a few items that work the best for me and which I really love.


The first one is:

My Shark Lift-away vacuum.  I've loved this for ease of use, quality of suction, price and the 5-year replacement warranty!



















The second one is the Old English spray bottle.  It is so nice and easy to use, and to just spray it and wipe it up is so nice!  I haven't found another product for wood that gives as nice of a gleam and works as well.  This is also awesome for the metal balusters on your handrail.
















I also love the smell (mint) and cleaning power of the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner.
 













I guess I'm a fan of Lysol because I have had great success and ease of use as well with the Lysol all-purpose cleaner for kitchen and bathroom countertops. 
















For window cleaning, I've gotten it down to a science. You must, must, must use a window cleaner!  *Trust me, the first time when I just tried water, FAIL!  Because I clean a lot of windows, I buy a huge bucket, but I've also used this one and it has worked really well.






























Your other essential tools are a scraper, squeegee, and washing brush.

With those tools, cleaning windows goes pretty quickly!

I just wanted to share what I've found that works for me - I've done a lot of experimentation and these have all worked out for me!

Love,

Sara

3 comments:

  1. Sara great post thank you! I have struggled with finding the perfect window washing solution and I am anxious to try the one you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendations! I didn't realize that Old English came in a pump spray (instead of aerosol or pour top). Once we have moved, I will have to try some of these new products. Oh, and I really like Orange Glo 4-in-1 for my wood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been told Orange Glo is the absolute worst thing for wood floors! The only product that has been approved is "Bona". Orange Glo puts some sort of film on the floors that is impossible to remove! Just thought I'd let you know on that.

    ReplyDelete