Tuesday, April 15, 2014

10 Days and Counting!

For our fourth anniversary TJ and I decided to take a week away from work and head to Hawaii.  He has never been and it's been ten years for me: I am delighted to be going back.  We leave next Friday afternoon (10 days!) and will be gone for a full week. 

AND NOW, the conundrum: what books do I take?!  I would bet several of us define vacations the same way: lots of sun, water, and hours and hours of reading.  I can hardly wait.  But I need help - can I get suggestions of what to read?  I find I best like happy books or books that are uplifting.  I do not like rough books: not a fan of lots of swearing, violence, war, intense situations, abusive relationships, murders, etc.  I read for enjoyment, and far prefer to be smiling about the character I'm reading about.

Books I Really Love
The whole Anne of Green Gables
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Hattie Big Sky
Cheaper by the Dozen
Miracles on Maple Hill
Wonder
Out of My Mind
Little House on the Prairie series
I, Juan de Pareja
Dinner: A Love Story
Anything by Marjorie Pay Hinckley :)
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
French Kids Eat Everything
I think I love books about food... :)
The Five Love Languages
Heart of a Samurai
Miracle on Maple Hill 

Please send me suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel I love reading on vacations as well. I know you love young adult fiction. Recently I just finished reading Just Ella and enjoyed it so much I am reading Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I would reccomend both of them!
    Jeff and I are also starting Believing Christ by Stephen Robinson. It is a very powerful book!
    I am so excited you are going to Hawaii! Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete