Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lessons Learned :)

This past week has been very interesting for me. I have learned two very important lessons and I decided I could share them. Hopefully it will give you all a good smile as well as fill you in on what has been happening in my life lately.
 The first lesson I learned was, you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. I learned this lesson in a very interesting way. The other night Jadin (One of my best friends down at school.) was at my apartment like always. We are in the same chemistry class so we were doing our homework together. After we finished our homework we started talking about this girl named Addie, he thinks she is so cute! (She's also in our class.) But Jadin just doesn't have guts enough to talk to her. I have tried to set him up multiple times, it just doesn't work. He even knows she thinks he's cute! (I don't understand) Long story short, Jadin and I placed a bet with each other. The bet was if the next day in our bowling class if I beat him he would have to either ask Addie on a date or for her number. If I lost I have to have her come hang out sooner than later. (I only placed this bet because the last two weeks he had struggled in bowling and I had beat him.) So the next day in chemistry I told Jadin I was going to kick his butt and bowl a 180!! He laughed and said, "the day you bowl a 180, I will fall over and die." We go to the bowling alley later that afternoon. I was determined, he was determined. It was a close game!! You'll never believe it, I BOWLED A 190!! I was on his tail the whole time.I even asked him why he hadn't tipped over and died yet. He said he just didn't feel it coming yet. I ended up losing the bet because he bowled a 210, but hey I don't know if I will ever bowl a 190 again. I even have proof! :) I was pretty happy about that.
The Second lesson I learned was, getting in the car with a stranger isn't always bad. Okay, let me explain my self. Last semester there was this boy in my chemistry class. I thought he was so cute!! He is this little cowboy who just seems so nice! My friend Kendal decided that he was going make sure this kid was a good kid and then he was going to try to hook me up with this boy (Rhett). So Kendal being the kind kid that he is decided to befriend Rhett. Before I knew it Kendal said, well Rhett has your number and is going to ask you out on a date. The next week Kendal said I talked to Rhett, he is going to call you, but he has been super busy lately. Well I just let it blow over. He never called, it was around Christmas so it wasn't a big deal. I just kind of forgot about it.
 I have no classes with Rhett, but I will see him once in a blue moon on campus and let's be honest here, I'll check him out. I don't say hi though because we never have talked before and I don't know if he even knows who I am. Fast forward to Last Friday. I was walking home after class around 3. It was a little chilly, but I had my jacket on and I don't live to far from campus. I was just trying to hurry because it looked like it was about to rain. As I was walking home this white truck pulled up to me. Well I only know one person who drives a white truck and I couldn't figure out why he would pick me up randomly. As the truck slowed down next to me and I looked over it was not who I was expecting. It was RHETT! What do you mean, I was so surprised, confused, shocked, you name it... that was what was going through my head. He waved me over to his truck. So I went hahahaha. He then asked me if I wanted a ride home because it was kind of cold. He said, "I promise I'm not creeping on you or anything, you were just in my chemistry class last semester and it is cold outside." I didn't even hesitate, I said sure I'd love a ride and got in the car. (I mean for real, dreams do come true! hahah) I got in the car and he said so you're Paige right and I said yes. We talked all the way to my apartment, life was great. He is so cute, HE KNOWS MY NAME!  I was so flustered I didn't even tell him to come over whenever he pleases or anything good like that once he dropped me off. When I got home and was walking to the door I just prayed I had my keys with me so I wouldn't make a fool of myself and have to break in. Thankfully I had them. After a long long story, I rode home with a stranger and it was fantastic!!

I Hope you all enjoyed my lessons I learned this past week. I apologize my long story shorts aren't so short. It is kind of a problem I have... I love you all!!
Love, Paige Marie

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and Jadin are good buddies... any potential for something more?

    Way to go with Rhett! Hopefully he will give you a call now that you have officially met!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Nah me and Jadin are just best friends. Nothing will ever happen between us, unless you ask Holly about her dream involving me and him. It was one interesting dream. I know I'm hoping he will, now we just have to wait and see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how but I forgot for a minute what a fantastic storyteller you are. ;) This was fun to read and I love having an update on your life. Good luck with all those boys, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige I love your stories! College is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, Paige! What a flirt...sounds like you are having a great time, I am so happy to hear that :)
    -Sheri

    ReplyDelete