Friday, March 21, 2014

I love organizing!


Each morning this past winter in the flurry to get out the door our basket containing hats, gloves, scarves and so on was constantly dumped on the floor and left for me to clean up.  As frustrating as it was for me it was also extremely frustrating to the children who were trying desperately to just find to gloves that matched and a winter hat that fit on their head so they could run out the door.  Our laundry basket system was a dismal failure and I had no solutions … until I was talking to a friend who started telling me about her system.  She bought shoe organizers from Wal-mart that hang on the door and filled them with the above mentioned.  She also bought shoe organizers for spring/summer and fills them with umbrellas, baseball hats, goggles and other necessities for warmer weather.  She rolls up the off season organizer and stores it in her garage and then just unrolls when Mother Nature changes seasons.  As you can see I have tried this system and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Everything has a match and a home.  No more dumping!  Give it a try sisters and let me know any other creative organizing ideas - I am in an organizing mood this month!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Mary, I absolutely love this idea! I love to organize too and I think that this is a genius way to store seasonal wear! Thanks for the post! :)
    -Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have also seen people put these in the pantry filled with snacks for the kids-clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep this idea in mind. We haven't really needed different seasonal gear here in AR or TX...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE!!! I love that!!

    ReplyDelete