Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pumpkin Streusel Bars

I have had several people ask me for the hot pumpkin streusel bar recipe that I made over the holidays.  I thought to kick off, I'd share so everyone has it!


Pumpkin Bars

1 pkg yellow cake mix (save 1 Cup for topping)
1 egg
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

1 small can pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 beaten eggs (just enough to mix, not firm or white)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup milk

Mix together and spread over bottom layer.

1 cup reserved cake mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened

Cut into a crumb mixture and press lightly on top of pumpkin.

Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.  Test with a knife in the middle for doneness.  Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

-Sara

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I can't wait to make these (I have craved them since Stavey's birthday). A perfect way to start things-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy! I will have to try them...

    ReplyDelete