Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Protein Pancakes

I always like to have breakfast foods that are quick, easy and healthy.  I love this protein pancake recipe.  The ingredients sound a bit strange but they taste marvelous.  I often make up a batch and freeze them individually on a cooling rack.  Once they are frozen I put them all in a large ziploc bag so they are each frozen individually.  Then on crazy mornings I pull them out of the freezer, pop them down the toaster and smother them with butter and enjoy worm comfort food on the go!


For these pancakes you will need eggs, oats, cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, and a sweetner.
(I do realize this sounds a little crazy for pancakes - but trust me!)


Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Cook on a griddle just like normal pancakes at 375 degrees.  


Enjoy a delicious and nutritious breakfast!



Protein Pankcakes
12 egg whites
2 cups of cottage cheese
2 cups of oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of Truvia 

Blend in a blender until smooth.  Cook on griddle at 375.  Enjoy!

 -Mary

2 comments:

  1. This does sound like a funky combination, but I trust your tastes-I'll try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I never get on facebook, and I hopped on there today for a minute to take care of something on our young women's page, and saw the link for this wonderful blog! I've not been keeping up with any blogs lately, but I love that you are doing this. What a fun way for me to keep up with what the Milar sisters are up to!

    I love these pancakes, and I'm so excited to try them.

    ReplyDelete