Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Best Friends

Max started Kindergarten this year.  The past couple of years I have done "joy school" with Max, where he went a couple days a week to different friend's houses to be taught by other moms.  Sister Linda K. Burton at the last General Women's Conference told the following story that is so applicable to my situation with Max.  She said, "When our youngest daughter returned home after her first day of school, I asked, "How did it go?"  She answered, "It was good."  The next morning, however, when I woke her up for school, she folded her arms and firmly stated, "I already went to school!"  Apparently I had not prepared her or explained that going to school was not a onetime event but that she was expected to go to school five days a week for many, many years."

The first day of school, Max kept it together and was really brave.  The second day did not go nearly as well.  He started to cry and asked me to please hold his hand while he walked into school.  The following day he once again asked me to comfort him as he was walking into school.  Although I love to be a comfort to him, I also had the babies in the stroller and Kate vying for attention.  I quickly thought of an alternative to help Max start school on the right foot, and I decided to ask Kate to hold Max's hand.  Every single day, Max and Kate hold hands on the way in to school.  Kate will usually tease me by telling me, "Have a great day mom!" and pretend to walk in with Max.  The really are best friends.  They give each other hugs and are a great comfort to one another.  Max has actually asked me if he can marry Kate because they are best friends.  I know this phase will not always last, so I am treasuring these moments while I can.

Max typically signs "I love you" to me, Cooper, Brock, and Kate.







Best buddies being eagles at the zoo!


Catching fish at Scheels!


On a different note, I have taken advantage of Mary's amazing photography skills.  After pouring over our Life Planners (erincondren.com- check them out as they are awesome!), we found a window of time to meet and do a quick photo shoot.  I LOVE how the pictures turned out, so I thought I would share them with you!

Max- 5


Kate- 3

Cooper- 10 months


Brock- 10 months


 Brock- flying high!


Cooper- all smiles  :)


Thanks again Sis for such beautiful pics of my kiddos.


2 comments:

  1. I can't help myself - I just keep reading this over and over. I love it! What a fabulous feeling, I'm sure, to have your kids be best friends. I hope they can somehow keep that up! And all the pictures are so fun - I love that Kate's in her leotard walking him into class. :) Your little gymnast.

    M-er, you are so talented. Your photography inspires me! I have been looking at some photography courses, as I'd really love to take beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! I love this :) they are going to love these pictures, especially when they are older

    I hope you'll post videos of Kate at gymnastics soon- she looks darling!

    The boys are sensational as well- great job with the pictures, Sis!

    ReplyDelete