Monday, September 22, 2014

Family Theme

This year we started a new tradition with the kids for back to school.  Danny and I want them to know how important learning and gaining knowledge is so we kicked off the school year with a nice family dinner party.  They each got some school supplies and a book that they have loved this past year.  I was trying to think of something I could give them each year that is the same, but different and I knew books would be perfect.  They absolutely loved them!
My favorite part of the night was the back to school blessings and introducing our family theme.


We want the kids to have something they can focus on when struggles or hard times come.  I especially thought of when we are learning something new and they get frustrated and think they can't do it.  We have been saying it every morning before we start school and it really has helped not just them, but me.  There are things that I struggle with and am afraid of doing, but this quote reminds me of the faith I need to accomplish things that may seem impossible.  

Here are some more fun pictures from the night.










4 comments:

  1. I love this, Tara! What a fun way to start the school year. I absolutely love school and learning so I applaud your efforts to make those things fun for your family. Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sensational! I LOVE it :) Do you just come up with these things or do you have websites that facilitate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are passionate about something I really feel that your children can sense it and it becomes a passion to them as well. How inspiring Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing that you are homeschooling and keeping sane! What a fun way to start the school year. Looks like a really fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete